I was excited to finally receive my first Influenster VoxBox in the mail several days ago. For those of you who don’t know, Influenster is a website you can join that will let you try products in exchange for your review. After you join the site you need to fill out your profile 100%. This is how they match you with upcoming product campaigns called VoxBox’s. You will need to connect your social media accounts, like Facebook and Twitter, and this will give you an overall impact score. The higher your impact score, meaning the more people you can reach out to on social media, then the better chance you have to receive items. It is also based on your profile of things you may like. They also post surveys called snaps. Snaps are short surveys to see if you are suited for their next campaign. They usually post these on your dashboard from time to time.
You also have things called badges on your dashboard. Once you get to 100 you are considered an expert in that area. You do this by participating on their website by writing reviews of things you’ve tried, answering questions from other Influensters, and sharing reviews of products online. They have a Beauty Queen Badge, Tech Badge, Fitness Badge and lots more. By doing this, you also increase your chances of being able to review more products. It’s important to keep up with your badges and check for snaps regularly in order to be considered for any campaigns they have. If you’re a good fit for a campaign, they will send you an email saying your in. Then you just wait for your box to arrive and do your reviews. There is also a mandatory survey to do at the end of the campaign, and their are also optional twitter parties and things you can join in on.
After about a week of joining I was accepted to receive my first VoxBox, called the NurtureVoxBox. I was excited to hear that I was receiving a box so soon, because I’ve heard others say it took anywhere from a month or two before they qualified for one. The NurtureVoxBox was put together for Influenster moms and included:Hada Labo ultimate Anti-Aging Facial mask ( I was probably most excited to try this item out of anything), a coupon for Uncle Bens Flavored Rice, Blue Lizard Australian Sunscreen, Dramamine Non-Drowsy Naturals, Skinfix Diaper Rash Balm, Red Vines, A coupon for Ore-Ida Extra Crispy Golden Fries,and ATTiTUIDE Hair Care Shampoo.
1) Hada Labo Ultimate Anti-Aging Facial mask~ I have been dying to try a sheet mask, so I couldn’t wait to get my hands on this! It’s suppose to boost hydration, smooth fine lines, and restore firmness and bounce to your skin. They recommend that you use this 1 to 3 times per week. I must say it felt kinda funny when I applied it, it also kept feeling like it was sliding off. I waited around 15 minutes and removed it. My face felt a little sticky after it was removed, they recommend to not rinse your face afterwards; to just pat the excess serum off. After it had a chance to soak in, my skin did feel hydrated and smooth. Overall, I would say it’s a good product. I like the fact that it was hydrating, and it is also free from parabens, fragrance, dyes, and mineral oils, which is a plus for my dry sensitive skin. I just don’t think its something I would use all the time. The retail price on it is $14.99 so this is not something I would want to use every week as recommended. Their website is www.hadalabotokyo.com if you want to find out more.
2) Uncle Bens Flavored Grains~ We used our free coupon to buy Brown Rice Medley Roasted Garlic & Herb. I have to say its been a long time since I’ve had any type of Uncle Bens product, probably since I was a kid. We made it one night with baked chicken for dinner. You can actually make this in the microwave, but we made it on the stove and it was ready in about 30 minutes. It had just the right hint of garlic flavor without being overpowering, and really complimented the chicken well. You definitely don’t need to add any extra spices or anything to this, because it has just the right blend. It turned out fluffy and wasn’t dry tasting like other rice products I’ve used in the past. I had no idea there were so many different flavors of Uncle Bens to try, until I went to purchase this. I will definitely be trying the other flavors now. If you want to learn more their website is www.unclebens.com Right now they have a $1.00 off coupon that I just printed out to use on our next purchase. The website is great too because it has tons of recipes to try. Check it out!
3) Blue lizard Australian Sunscreen Sensitive SPF 30+ ~ We just recently put up our pool in the backyard, so this came at the perfect time. I love how the cap turns blue in UV light. The deeper blue it becomes, the higher the UV rays are, and it also has a cute little blue lizard on the bottle. It went on smooth and absorbed really quickly, without leaving a greasy feeling. It’s fragrance free so it doesn’t have that weird smell like some other sunscreens. It’s also paraben and chemical free, and sensitive enough you can even use it on your face. I will definitely be buying more of this when we run out! Their website is www.bluelizard.net
4) Dramamine Non-Drowsy Naturals~ I don’t normally get motion sickness unless we are going on a long car ride and I’m reading or something. Since we don’t have any trips planned anytime soon I haven’t had a chance to use this. I do like the fact that it’s all natural and non drowsy. I have taken the regular Dramamine in the past and it always made me feel kinda groggy. The directions say to take the appropriate dosage 1/2 hour before starting activity or when you experience symptoms. Its suppose to help relieve nausea and vomiting due to motion sickness. They come in capsules and the recommended dosage is 2 capsules for adults and children over 12 years, and not to take more than 4 in a 24 hour period.Children 6 to under 12 years can take 1 capsule, and no more than 2 in a 24 hour period. It also says that you can open the capsule and pour into food or drink if you have problems swallowing capsules. I did open the bottle up, and the capsules seem to be about average size, not to big,. I’ts nice to know you can mix it in something especially for children who usually have a harder time with pills and capsules.Also, the main ingredient is Ginger, which I know some people swear by for nausea. I will definitely take this with us to try the next time the kids and I go on a trip You can learn more at their website at www.dramamine.com They have a $1.00 of coupon right now if you sign up for their latest news and information through email.
5) Skinfix Diaper Rash Balm~ I have a 12 month old who rarely gets diaper rash, but one night I noticed she was starting to develop a little redness and a slight rash. I used this on her and it was completely gone by the next morning. It’s made with all natural ingredients, and I liked the fact that it’s fragrance free. Other products I’ve used have that “medicine” type smell, for lack of a better word. It is a thick balm but not as heavy as a paste and goes on easily. It also wipes off easily with a diaper wipe. I will definitely buy more of this when we run out, and will also use this on our new baby that we are expecting in October. They also have other products I can’t wait to try, like daily lotion and hand cream that is suppose to be good for dry skin. You can visit their website at www.SKINFIXINC.com
6) RedVines~ I had never tried Redvines before. I honestly had never heard of them. They are comparable to Twizzlers, but after trying them; I like the RedVines much better. I tried the Original Red flavor. I like it better because it doesn’t have that waxy type coating on them that Twizzlers do, which I think is what makes the RedVines seem to have a much stronger flavor. They are perfect for snacking and I will look for and buy these again.Their website is www.americanlicorice.com/our-brands/red-vines/
7) Ore-Ida Extra Crispy Easy Fries~We made these one night with hamburgers. We just put these in the microwave on the crisper sheet that’s provided and they were done in 4 minutes.I then added some extra salt and seasoning after they were done. They turned out golden brown and crispy just the way I like my fries! Their website is www.oreida.com They have recipes and you can also sign up by email for any promotions they may have.
8) ATTITUDE little ones Shampoo~ I have used this twice with my daughter so far. I think it’s great that its made without any harmful chemicals. It lathers well and left my daughters hair clean and shiny. I just really like that clean baby smell, and wish this had even a light fragrance to it. I probably wont buy this particular product again, but I’m going to try some of their other products. It seems like a company that really values safety and non harmful chemicals which I like. Their website is www.cleanattitude.com and they have a special right now for 40% off your first order.
Overall, I really enjoyed my first Influenster Voxbox, and can’t wait until I qualify for another one. I tried some really great products that I will definitely be buying. Even the products that I more than likely wont buy where fun to try out.I also like participating and reading everyone’s view on products. I don’t know about you but I love trying new things, and before I waste my money I usually like to do a little research and at least see what other people are saying about it. If you aren’t signed up with Influenster yet, you can use my referral code. I still have a few invites left. Let me know what you think, and if you have any questions or comments I will try to answer them. Oh, and make sure if you sign up to connect with your Facebook account.
*I received all these products for testing but all opinions are 100% my own*