Hits and Misses for the Month of June
Overall I got to try and review some great products this month, some were really great, and some I wouldn’t recommend. Here’s a recap for the full month. I will try to break it down into Beauty Items, Baby Items, ect…
1. JGOB Blending Sponge– Loved this product. Great for contouring and blending and I really like the travel case that comes with it.
2. Glow 2 Go Tanning Towelettes– Provided a nice even streak free tan, and was less messier than creams or lotions
3. Sweetsation Lanouvel Serum– Hydrated my skin and absorbed quickly. I’m still using this product
4. Mia Adora Fiberlash- I’m still using this product almost daily and love how much longer and thicker my lashes look
5. Lazy Lidz Sleep Mask– I really liked this product, but haven’t had much of a chance to use it yet. I have this tucked back for when I experience another migraine. Thankfully that hasn’t happened yet.
6. Birchbox June Style Me Pretty– Overall this was a hit. Here are the products I liked that were included in the box.
a. Keratase Elixer Ultime– This is probably my favorite product I’ve tried all month. I love the smell and it really helps control my frizz. The only downside is that it’s a little pricey for the full size version.
b. Laura Geller Baked Color True Blush– This is the perfect everyday blush with a light shimmer.
c. La Fresh waterproof makeup remover– This worked great at removing my stubborn eye makeup
d. Marcelle BB Cream Golden Glow– This has a nice sheer coverage. I’ve been wearing this under my normal foundation, but it’s great alone when you want more natural light coverage.
7 Julep Maven June Subscription Box– Here are the things I liked out of this box. you can find the others in the misses.
a. Julep Luxe Repair Serum– Heavier serum but absorbs fairly quickly. I’m still using this off and on, mostly at night.
b.Julep nailcolor fifi it girl– I put this in the hits sections because I really like how well all the Julep nail polish stays on. However, this color is probably one that I will rarely use, because its really light , and I prefer darker colors.
8. Blue Lizard Sunscreen– We have used this several times, from swimming, to being outside all day at a local festival. So far none of us have even had a slight burn since using this product. I’ve even used this on the kids and it hasn’t caused any irritation. This is an item I’m going to stock up on again very soon.
1.My Konjac Sponge– I know some people love these. However, this just wasn’t the product for me. I’ve used it several times since I posted my review and I still don’t like the texture of it. I’ve used it with cleanser and without. It doesn’t feel like it exfoliates and my skin feels slimey after I use this, even after rinsing.
2.Julep Dry Clean Invisible Dry Shampoo-Not necessarily a bad product..it works, I just prefer others I’ve tried with a light scent.. and this has none.
3. Julep full coverage lipstick in twirl– I haven’t worn this since I posted. It stays on well, I just usually prefer lip gloss, and this is a little to pink for me.
4. Attitude Little Ones Shampoo– I received this for free in my VoxBox from Influenster. It works okay and it’s great that it’s made without harmful chemicals. I just prefer baby shampoo to have at least a slight clean smell.
5.Hado Labo Facial Mask– This is also another item I received in the VoxBox from Influenster. This made my face feel a little sticky, the mask was hard to keep on, and I feel it’s a little high priced to use on a regular basis as recommended.
Baby Items Hits
1. Walmart second trimester baby box– Overall this was a hit especially considering the price of only $5. I really like Burt’s Bees products, and it came with Burt’s Bee’s Baby wash, diaper creme, and lotion. This box also including a Pampers traveling case with1 newborn diaper and a few wipes. Also included were various coupons for baby items.
2. Skinfix Diaper Rash balm– This stuff worked Amazing! I have used this all month when I’ve even seen a hint of redness or irritation for my daughter and this stuff clears it up right away.
Baby Item Misses – None
Household and Miscellaneous Hits
1. Patriotic 4th of July toy assortment– I really didn’t think I would like this set as much as I did. It’s a great price and we will be using this at our 4th of July party this weekend. ( I will try to remember to post pics)
2.Glow Sticks 100- This is another item I wasn’t sure what we were going to do with, but there are some awesome ideas I found on Pinterest. (see my separate post with links) These really do glow brighter and last longer than others we’ve used.
Household Misses- None
Medicine and Supplements Hits
1. Dramamine non drowsy natural– Good alternative to curve motion sickness without the groggy feeling
2.Maximum Power Dietary Supplement– I can’t speak for myself, but my fiance say this still seems to be working for him. He does seem to have more energy.
Medicine and Supplements Misses – None
1. Red Baron Brick Oven Pizza– Great for a quick weeknight dinner, love the crust and the price isn’t bad.
2.Red Vines Licorice– This was a definite hit for me. I was surprised it had so much flavor, and I like that it doesn’t have that waxy coating on them like twizzlers.
3. Ore-Ida Easy Fries– I never thought fries in the microwave could actually turn out crispy until I tried these. The only downside is there isn’t much in the package, so these are great for just a quick snack.
4. Uncle Bens Flavored Grains– Not sure why it had been so long since I’ve tried this product, but they have lots of great varieties now, and its easy to make for a quick dinner. I really liked the Brown Rice Medley. They also have an awesome website with lots of recipes and coupons.
Food Misses- None
So there’s the low down on everything I’ve tried for the month. Overall as you can see I had alot more hits than misses. You can find the links to most items below if you want to check it out more. Most, but not all items I received were free or at a discount, but all opinions are my own, and were not influenced in any way.
Super Bright Glow Sticks http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NQJ2DBG?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00
Patriotic 4th of July Toy assortment http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CEHTLJI?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00
Glow 2 Go Tanning Towelettes http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NAIM3H2?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00
LaNouvel Hyaluronic Acid Serum http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CBYAP0S?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00
Maximum Power Supplement http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OWEA0U0?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00
Wal-Mart Baby Box https://babybox.walmart.com/