How to Make Calming Lavender Play-Dough
My 4-year-old loves playdough and since we’ve started making our own it hasn’t been the same! For one, it’s cheap to make and only requires a few household ingredients, and you can make it into almost any scent imaginable! You can also check out our Pumpkin Spice, Chocolate, and Gingerbread Play-Dough recipes.
This time, we decided to make Play-dough in the calming lavender scent.
- 1 cup flour
- 1Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1 Tbsp cream of tartar
- red/blue food coloring mixed to make purple
- 1 Tbsp lavender essential oil
- Add flour, oil, water, salt oil, and cream of tartar to medium size pot & wisk
- Add red & blue food coloring to mixture (3 drops of each)
- Stir over low-med heat continuously stirring until playdough starts to form and is no longer sticky
- Remove from pan and let cool on dry surface
- once cooled enough to work with, flatten playdough with hands and add lavender essential oil gradually and knead
- Once playdough has cooled store in air tight containers
This play-dough is soft and great for calming, soothing sensory play!