How to Make Lavender Bath Bombs
If you’ve read any of my other posts then you might know I’m a huge fan of bath bombs, well any bath and body products really. I also LOVE the scent of Lavender, so I decided to make my own Lavender bath bombs!
I was surprised at how easy these were to make and contain mostly ingredients we already had around the house.
I did order the citric acid and bath bomb molds. If you do not have bath bomb molds you can easily just use muffin tins or any other types of molds. You can also leave the food coloring out if you to leave them more natural. I personally like the purple color and haven’t had any problem with them staining the bathtub.
I was able to make 6 tennis ball size bath bombs using the recipe below, but the amount will vary depending on the type of molds you use.
These would also make great gifts to give out around the holiday season!
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1 cup citric acid
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup jojoba oil or olive oil
- 20 drops of Lavender Essential Oil
- equal parts of red and blue food coloring to make purple
- 1. In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients. In a small bowl mix all wet ingredients until combined (including food coloring if using)
- 2.Combine the wet and dry ingredients
- 3. The mixture should be feel like wet sand and easily clump together
- 4.Once it is the right consistency pack tightly into molds or muffin tins
- 5. Allow the bath bombs to dry for 24 hours
In a large bowl mix all dry ingredients. In a small bowl mix the wet ingredients including food coloring until combined.
Combine wet and dry ingredients
Combine until it starts to clump easily
Place in molds and let dry 24 hours
They were highly fragrant and produced massive amounts of fizz. A great way to relax and unwind at the end of the day!