Blogging Schedule – What’s Up Wednesday
What’s up at home?
This was another normal week at the house with not much going on. We did celebrate my dad’s birthday this past weekend, and I had a great time with family at the house. I also made some awesome key lime cupcakes that I will try to post the recipe to soon.
My icing job isn’t the prettiest, but they tasted really good!
What’s up on the blog?
This week I have been pretty busy, and I’ve been trying to come up with a blog schedule and working on staying organized. The great thing about blogging is you can work from home or really anywhere on your own time. However, I work best when I have at least a loosely based schedule. Right now my day goes something like this.
- 5:00 a.m – Wake up and COFFEE!
- 5:15 a.m -6:00 a.m – Answer emails, and answer blog comments
- 6:00 a.m -6:30 a.m- Post a new blog post if I have one and post on all social media.If I don’t have a post going up that day, then I usually use this time to do general blog maintenance or read a few posts from my favorite bloggers.
- 6:30 a.m -7:30 a.m Start on new blog post
- 7:30 a.m The kids are normally awake by this time, if not earlier, so blogging is all over by the time they wake up!
I won’t go into a whole breakdown of non-related blog stuff during the day, but it’s filled with lots of diaper changes, cleaning up messes, cooking, cleaning, laundry, errands, and of course having fun with my littles!
Somewhere throughout the day, I also try to take pictures for the blog and hop on social media to interact with followers and other bloggers. (normally when the kids are napping)
- 10:00 p.m- 11:00 p.m Finish blog post, edit, and add pictures. Design pictures for Pinterest and schedule them using Tailwind, and whatever else I need to do to tie things up for the day.
I also usually write down a to-do list during this time for the next day. I’m a visual person, and it really helps ease my mind to have it wrote down and some place where I can see it. I’ve also recently started keeping a time log sheet for the blog to see how much time each task takes me. That way I can hold myself accountable and make sure I have balance. Time really does add up!
Just like most people, my To-do list is never finished. I normally start out with a huge list of things I would LIKE to get done. To keep from getting discouraged, I number the list from 1-5 of the top items I need to get done. That way when I get those done, I feel like I’ve accomplished something.
Some days are busier than others, but I love blogging and being able to stay home with the kids. Back when I was a nurse, I would work 16-hour shifts and felt like I never had enough time to spend with the kids. And while I loved being a nurse, I would take a busy day now being with the kids over that any day!
What are some of the ways you stay organized? I would love to hear your thoughts and tips if you have any!