How to Make a Harvest Wreath for Under $15
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. Please see disclosure.
What better way to welcome fall than creating a harvest wreath for your front door. I love decorating for the different seasons. What I don’t love is spending a ton of money on items that will only be out for a month or two.
This Harvest Wreath can be made for around $15 and you can find most of the items at Dollar Tree!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 14″ Metal Wreath Form
- 1 Package of 45-ct. Chenille Stems
- 4 Deco Mesh Rolls (1 Roll of Each Harvest Color)
- 2 Packs of 2-ct. Scarecrow Picks
- 1 Pack of 12-ct. Glitter Maple Leaves
- 1 Pack of 50-ct. Maple Leaves
- 2 Packs of 5-ct. Glitter Mini Gourds
- 1 Bottle of Craft Glue
Easy Step-by-Step Instructions:
- Cut 12 chenille stems in half. Attach stems to metal wreath form at the 24 points (where the wire crosses in a T or an X) by twisting it around the metal. Twist twice to secure.
- Unwind first deco mesh roll and create a 3″-loop at the end of the roll.
- Secure loop to wreath form by twisting a chenille stem around the loop twice.
- Gather an 8″ length of mesh, bunch, and secure around the form using the next closest chenille stem, repeating until reaching the end of the roll.
- Create a loop at the end of the roll and secure by twisting a chenille stem around the loop twice.
- Repeat with the next 3 rolls of mesh, alternating the chenille stems used to secure the mesh.
- Add Scarecrow Picks and Glitter Maple Leaves at regular intervals around the wreath.
- Using craft glue, create three beds of Maple Leaves in a 4-5″ circle and allow glue to dry.
- Attach Glitter Mini Gourds to the center of the leaf nests and allow the glue to dry.
- Glue leaf nests with mini gourds to the main wreath.
- Display the finished wreath on the door of your home, school, or office to encourage fall fun!