How To Make Peppermint Ornaments
I try to make some kind of ornament every year with the kids. This year we decided to make peppermint ornaments!
We used regular sized cookie cutter and the mini sized ones. I will say, I would recommend using the regular sized metal cutters. We had a problem getting many of the smaller ones out, and several of them broke. Make sure to also spray the inside of the cookie cutters well with non-stick spray so they come out easier.
- peppermint candies
- metal cookie cutters
- non stick cooking spray
- parchment paper
- twine or ribbon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line parchment paper over cookie sheet.
- Spray the inside of each cookie cutter with non stick spray.
- Lay the cookie cutters on the baking sheet and fill with peppermints
- Bake for 4-8 minutes keeping a close eye on them. Take out when they are melted together.
- coat the toothpick with cooking spray and make a hole in the top of each ornament (work fairly quickly before it hardens)
- Once hard, carefully stretch the ornament away from the cookie cutter and pop them out.
- use twine or ribbon and hang on tree