Classic Peanut Butter Blossoms
Many people make these around the Holidays but they are also good throughout the year!
These Classic Peanut Butter Blossoms are fairly easy, fun to make with the kids (with adult supervision obviously) and are delicious.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- additional sugar (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1 lg package Hershey's Kisses (roughly 60-70 pieces)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In large bowl, beat 1/2 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar, peanut butter, butter and eggs. Stir in flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls and roll in additional granulated sugar. Place on greased cookie sheet
- Bake 8-12 minutes or until edges are slightly brown. Press 1 Hershey's Chocolate in the center of each cookie while still warm.
- Recipe can be cut in half