Super easy and delicious chili!
It seems there are a million different ways to make chili, and almost everyone has their favorite recipe. This recipe is the one I use most often at our house. It’s super easy because it only requires opening a few cans and you don’t have to worry about extra spices because of the McCormick Chili Seasoning Mix.
You could also just as easily make this recipe on the stove, just follow the same directions but add the ingredients to a soup pot and simmer on the stove on medium to low heat for 20 minutes. I normally just use the crockpot because it’s easier for me to plan ahead and just keep it warm in the crockpot.
- 1 1 lb. ground beef (browned)
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 2 cans ranch style beans ( 15 oz each) drained
- 1 packet McCormick chili seasoning mix packet (1.25 oz)
- 2 cans of tomato sauce (15 oz each)
- 1 can tomato paste ( 6 oz.)
- 1/2 cup water
- Brown ground beef with diced onion on stove and drain grease
- Add ground beef and onion to crockpot
- Drain ranch style beans and add to crockpot
- Add chili seasoning mix, tomato sauce, tomato paste, and water and stir.
- Cook on LOW 4-6 hours.
- Optional: top with sour cream and/or cheese