Birthday Cake Popcorn: Simple Mom Review
Birthday Cake Popcorn is a fun and easy treat that the kids love! It’s the perfect mix of salty and sweet!
Scroll to the bottom for the easy printable recipe. You can also check out other recipes in the index here.
You only need a few ingredients: a bag of microwave popcorn, white or yellow cake mix, white chocolate morsels, sprinkles and oil and water (not pictured)
Yum! Melted White Chocolate. Make sure and stir the chocolate frequently as it’s melting to prevent burning.
Stir to coat!
Isn’t it pretty? And it tastes delicious! Great for a kids party, or even a fun movie night at home, which is what we recently made it for.
- 9 cups popcorn popped
- 12 oz white chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup yellow or white cake mix
- Microwave popcorn and set aside
- Melt white chocolate in the microwave in 30 second intervals stir in between until melted
- Add the vegetable oil to the white chocolate and stir
- Then add the cake mix
- Pour the white chocolate mixture over the popcorn and stir to coat evenly
- Pour the popcorn onto cookie sheet or wax paper to harden and add desired amount of sprinkles
- Break into pieces and enjoy!