Soft Christmas Sugar Cookies
I love sugar cookies, especially soft ones with lots of sprinkles! The girls and I made these Christmas Sugar Cookies the other day and we had a blast. The kitchen looked like a tornado but that’s what memories are made of! You can use your own store bought icing or use the icing recipe I included.
Just remember to add lots of sprinkles and have fun! 🙂
*This recipe makes approximately 2 dozen cookies.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 egg beaten
- 4 teaspoons milk
- 1.Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together and set aside.In medium sized bowl mix together butter, sugar.Add in vanilla, egg, and milk and gradually add in flour while mixing on low. Divide the dough in half and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- 2. Preheat oven to 375. On flour surface, roll dough to 1/8 inch thick. Cut into desired shapes approximately 1 inch apart and bake on greased cookie sheet for 7-10 minutes or just until the edges start to slightly brown. Let cool and ice as desired
Here are the colors we used for the icing but feel free to use whatever colors you like.This provides the perfect glaze for sugar cookies.
- 3 Cups confectioner sugar
- 3 Tablespoon softened butter
- 4 Tablespoon milk
- 4 teaspoon vanilla
- In a bowl mix all ingredients with a fork. Divide into separate bowls and add a few drops of food coloring of your choice.
*Check out more recipes using the recipe index on the blog.